Tuesday, 29 January 2013

Love doodling


Today, I've put my sewing aside.  I've finished the top of my bed runner, and have to decide what to back it with.  Instead, I bravely grabbed my sketch book, and attempted to draw something.  I say bravely - as I can't remember the last time I actually did any proper drawing, and I get really cross with myself.  I always know exactly what I want to do, but getting my hand to co-ordinate with my brain is usually a big fail.  My finished doodle-like valentine girl is very simple and naive, but I rather like her.  Currently debating if it would work as an embroidery?  Or dare I try painting onto a canvas?  The result would be tragic, and probably death to the carpet, walls and anything else within splatter distance. 

1 comment:

  1. I like her. She would make a cute embroidery.

    ReplyDelete

Oh - go on! It's so lovely to receive messages, and I really do appreciate it.

I always do my best to reply to messages - both here on the blog and personally (as long as I can see an email address)