Saturday, 25 February 2012

Pretty Random Quilt - it's certainly bright!

In my last post, I'd made the squares for this quilt and was hunting for graphite grey plain fabric to sash with.  Guess what?  I couldn't find any anywhere - it doesn't seem to exist.  So..... What else to use?


 In the end I decided on pink gingham.  Nothing like my original idea, but it seemed to work.  Cutting out the little suckers wasn't particularly easy.  Normally I fold my fabric and cut at least 4 pieces at a time.  These all had to be done individually to ensure the check was level.  Luckily I had enough of the aqua spot fabric for corner-stones.  Had to be something contrasting, as I'd never have been able to match up the gingham at the joins.

Although it's a bit "sweeter" than I anticipated, I rather like how it's turned out.  Once I've found some fabric for the backing, I will finish the edge with binding in the aqua spot fabric.  It's a shame it's such a dull day for taking photos, as the colours aren't looking quite right.  Anyway - here it is..... my

Pretty Random Quilt

Do you like it?


5 comments:

  1. thats really pretty I love the mix of fabrics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The pink gingham works wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! That's a great way to use up some of my random floral fabrics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan that is stunning, i love your choice of colours

    ReplyDelete

Oh - go on! It's so lovely to receive messages, and I really do appreciate it.

I always do my best to reply to messages - both here on the blog and personally (as long as I can see an email address)