Thursday, 11 August 2011

The Early Bird

Good grief - What on earth is wrong with me this week?

I've been up at the crack of dawn every day.  This is so not me, I can't begin to tell you.  I'm such a night owl that I seldom go to bed before 1 or 2 in the morning. Combined with the early starts, it's doing nothing whatsoever for my beauty regime (ha! would help if I had one).  Perhaps the pasty, bagged eyed look will catch on one day.  I'm starting the trend.

I did manage to be a little productive yesterday.....


I completed my first ever stitched postcard for a swap.  It's been Mod Podged to within an inch of it's life and is off to Sweden later today.  I'm thinking I will pop it in an envelope first and include a few bits and pieces for my swap partner.  Quick to do, I'm rather pleased with how it's turned out.  Stuck onto a piece of frosted card, it looks most definitely postcardish.  May make a few up, to send to friends at random moments.

A quick blog for me this morning...... have to drop car into town for service, as soon as hubby arrives home from night shift.  It's pouring down outside, and blowing a gale to boot - I don't want to go!  Especially as it means catching the bus home.

Let's see if I can trawl the photo-banks for something cheery to end with - goodness knows it could do with brightening up today.....

Hi-ho, Hi-ho - it's off to search I go....


There we are - blue and white china - my favourite.  If that doesn't lift the spirits, I may as well go back to bed!

Have a good day folks - Hope the sunshine shines on you.  I'll keep the rain here!













4 comments:

  1. Hi from another early bird - get up at 5.30am every day! AND I read until very late :) I love the postcard - what a fab idea. I've never tried one of those and am intriqued. Gales and rain here too, so you are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally understand you. The only few reasons why I would wake up that early is me being totally sick, totally suffering from jetlag or earth is cracking open (not so sure about the last one though ;-)
    Cute postcard!!! Sleep well, Sana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please send some of that rain to Texas! It is so hot and dry here the roads are buckling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your postcard. I just saw your link on Creative Connections and thought I'd stop by and say hello!

    ReplyDelete

Oh - go on! It's so lovely to receive messages, and I really do appreciate it.

I always do my best to reply to messages - both here on the blog and personally (as long as I can see an email address)